Cybersecurity experts often advice to change your devices’ and information managers’ password often to ensure nobody can get access to your important information.
Microsoft Outlook is one such information manager which is not only a primary email client but also has task managers, contacts, notes, journals, etc as its features. Outlook has a setting that allows you to change passwords every 72 days as a security measure.
Here are steps to help you reset your Microsoft Outlook Password:
For Windows users:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and choose the File option that appears on the extreme left side of the screen in the task tab. Then, select the Account setting option. A box with four options would open. Click on the first option: Account Settings (add and remove accounts or change existing connection settings)
- Now select the option E-mail appearing on the extreme left of the quick access toolbar. This is for you to select the email account that you want to change the password of. Once another taskbar appears under that, click on Change.
- Change/update your password from the Change Account Window.
- After you update your password, select the Next button in the bottom, and then select Finish and your password will be successfully changed.
Windows: POP and IMAP accounts
- Choose the File option on the extreme left side of the screen. Select account settings and then a box of four options will open. Click on Manage Profiles
- Once the box appears, select the option E-mail on the extreme left of the taskbar. This is for you to select the email account that you want to change the password of. Then, another taskbar would appear, select the third option — Change — in that.
- Then click on ‘Change/update your password.
- After you update your password, select the Next button in the bottom, and then select Finish. It’s done!
For MAC users:
- Once you go to Microsoft Outlook on your Mac, select the option Tools the quick access toolbar. Then, select the first option ‘Accounts’.
- You will get options of accounts in the Mac. Select the account for which you want to change the password for.
- Then type your password in the box.
- It will save the password automatically once you close the Accounts window.
For Android users:
- Select the Outlook icon from your application page.
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the top left
- Then scroll down and you will find a Settings icon, select that.
- Another box would slide in. Select Change Server Setting at the bottom.
- Type your new password in the space given. And then click on OK.
For iOS users:
- Select the Outlook icon. Then click on Settings at the bottom and then select Mail
- Select your required UCI Account for which you want the password changed.
- Right after that, you will be directed by a message that “there was a problem accessing your account. Please re-enter the password.” Select the link below that reads ‘Re-enter Password’.
- Another box would appear asking for your new password. Type it and select Next. It’s done!