Benchmarking gives you a detailed characterized review of the internals on your PC. It’s very vital to have a deep understanding of your PC. Benchmarking test gives you a compressive review of your PC’s hard drive performance, RAM size, processor speed, GPU execution, and so forth. Regardless of whether you’re overclocking your PC or comparing it with another PC, benchmarking will help you in translating the performance of your PC in numbers.
There is a wide range of benchmarking tools available on the web which will allow you to run these tests for free. Here in this article, we will let you know how to run a PC benchmarking test in a few simple steps.
Before moving forward, make sure that your PC is not running any application while performing the benchmarking otherwise it won’t be able to provide accurate results.
How To Run Benchmarking Tool On Your PC
As mentioned above there are numerous benchmarking tools and applications available on the web, but we are going to focus on the ones which come free for installation and get the work done.
The first and the basic one comes default with every Windows operating system which is a built-in diagnostics tool. You can use Performance Monitor to view real-time performance or from a log file.
Benchmarking Test With Performance Monitor
- First, you have to head to the Run search on your PC and type perfmon /report and click on OK.
- This will open a window with a display message “collecting data for the next 60 seconds”
- Once the process is completed you will see a Diagnostic Results tab.
Under this tab you will find following subsections:
Warning: This will warn you about the issue faced by the PC. It will also include some links which will guide you to deal with the issue.
Informational: This will give you detailed information about the processor, RAM, and other components.
Basic System Checks: This will provide you with information about OS, Disks, System Services, Hardware, Security Center related information, and Drivers.
Resource Overview: This section will give you information about the overall performance of the PC which will include major parts like CPU, Disk, Memory, and more. To display the severity of the issue it will use red and green indications.
Benchmarking Test With Unigine Heaven
Unigine Heaven is known for its accurate CPU stress testing and the basic edition is free. Here’s how you can perform this test:
- First, you need to download the Unigine Heaven on your PC.
- It will be downloaded as a zip file, you have to unzip it and launch the unigineheaven.exe file.
- Once the application is open you have to the top left corner of the screen and click on “Benchmark”.
- Once the testing is done you will receive the result on the display.
It might take a little longer but it will completely test the CPU and GPU of your PC by running 3D games. Unigine Heaven is also used by overclockers for online and offline competitions in GPU overclocking.
Benchmarking Test With SiSoftware Sandra
SiSoftware Sandra is a paid benchmarking application, but the trial version of the application will get the work done. You can also perform individual tests or you can run an overall benchmark score depending on your requirement. Here’s what you have to do.
- Download the SiSoftware Sandra from the internet which will not cost you anything.
- Next, you have to install and run the application on your PC.
- Once the application is open, click on the Overall Score which will start a benchmarking test for your CPU, GPU, memory bandwidth, and file system performance.
- Click on OK at the bottom and the application will start the benchmarking.
- Post completion of the test you will get the report card of your PC. You can also see the detailed graph of PC performance.
Benchmarking Test With CineBench
CineBench is also known for its accurate test result and many gamers and reviewers rely on this benchmark testing. It’s capable of providing accurate CPU, GPU, RAM, and disk speed. Here’s what you have to do.
- If you need to download the CineBench from the web and install it on your PC.
- Next, you have to launch the application on your computer.
- Now you have to click on “Run” and you are good to go.
- You can also run the CPU and GPU test separately.
- It might take 5-10 minutes to complete the test and give you the result.
Benchmarking Test With 3D Mark
3D Mark is one of the premium graphical benchmarking solutions on the market right now. It does come with a subscription price but you can still use the demo version to get the work done. Here’s how to use it.
- First, you need to download the 3D Mark from the official website.
- Do note that you have to download the demo version as the full version comes with a subscription tag.
- Now you have to install the application on your PC and launch it.
- Next, you can see three option on the 3D Mark application window which includes “Your System”, “Your Processor”, and “Your Graphics”
- Choose the option as per your requirement and it will kick off the benchmark testing.
- After completing the test, the software will show you the results.
Also do note that this is a demo version which means it will expire soon. Once you are done with the process you can uninstall the application.
So these are the best possible ways to perform benchmarking tests on your PC without buying any expensive application.