With the evolution of technology, we have made our life more convenient and easier to live. We have a smart house assistant to turn on and off lights for us over a voice command, security camera and alarms to keep us alert all the time.
You are gathered around with your friends, and family, all set to “Netflix and chill”. However, your 10-inch mobile screen and your laptop are just too small for a group of people to comfortably enjoy and immerse themselves in entertainment.
All you need is a bigger display and the binge-watching party can begin. Be it an Android or an iOS device, there are many ways to plug in your mobile to the TV and watch your favourite show on a bigger screen. Here is our guide to help you connect your mobile to a TV and create your in-house cinema hall:
How To Connect Smartphone With Smart TV
First and foremost, to connect your smartphone with smart TV via mirror feature you have to make sure that both the devices are compatible with each other and support Miracast.
Miracast is a technology which allows users to mirror their smartphone screen directly to the television screen. Most of the newly launched smartphones having the newer Android or iOS operating system arrive with Miracast support. In case if your TV doesn’t support Miracast then you attach a Miracast dongle to mirror your smartphone to the TV.
- First, you have to make sure that your smartphone and TV are connected with the same Wi-Fi connection.
- Now you have to go to your TV setting option and turn on “screen mirroring”.
- Now you have to head to the setting menu on your smartphone and tap on screen mirroring to turn on.
- From the list of devices, you have to select your TV.
- Now all you need to do is to follow the onscreen instruction to complete the setup.
- It might take some time and also ask you to scan the QR code displayed on your TV screen.
- Once the connection is established, you’re all set to stream your smartphone on the TV screen.
What IF Your TV Doesn’t Support Miracast Feature?
In this case, you will need a Wireless Display Adapter which will work like a mirroring adapter and bridge the gap.
- You have to plug the adapter to the HDMI port of your TV and into a power source which can be your USB Type-A port on the TV or a wall outlet.
- Now you have to turn on screen mirroring on your smartphone from the setting menu.
- Select the device from the list on your smartphone.
- It might take some time depending on the brand of the adapter.
- You need to follow the on-screen instructions to establish the connection.
- Once the connection is done, you’re good to go.
So these are some simple steps that you can follow to set up the wireless screening of your smartphone to your TV. If you don’t want to connect your smartphone via Miracast feature then you can simply plug an HDMI cable with your smartphone and enjoy the streaming.
How To Connect Your Smartphone With TV Via Chromecast
- First, you have to download the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Now you have to open the app and select your Google account.
- Once you’re done, you can see two options ‘Home’ and ‘Work’. Select any depending on your requirement.
- Now you have to select the Chromecast device from the list and press continue to proceed.
- Now the app will ask you to select the Wi-Fi connection for the Chromecast device. Make sure you select the same connection which you’re using on your smartphone.
- After this, your TV will display a background image and your device name confirming that the setup is completed and you are good to go.