Google Meet is a platform where you can video call more than 100 members at a time. It is a video calling app which is majorly used by companies to organise meeting and conferences. Yes, this is the new normal.
COVID-19 outbreak forced the entire world to sit back home and fight against the novel coronavirus. During this tough time, the IT industry shifted from offices to remote working. In the initial stage, most of them struggled to communicate with the team member, but later the office meeting started taking place on video calling platforms like Zoom, Microsoft Teams, JioMeet, and Google Meet.
Now we can see that major launches are happening via online live streaming, companies taking major decisions over video conferences, and this is the new normal for everyone. Google Meet is one of the biggest competitors for other video calling apps that allow close to 100 participants at a time. Google has also included the Google Meet button in the Gmail app. This dedicated button will allow users to kick off a meeting on Google Meet with just one click directly from Gmail. The Google Meet button is placed next to the Mail button on iOS and Android smartphones.
It can be a very effective and convenient button for many and also an annoying button for people who don’t want to click the Meet button mistakenly and want to use the app separately. Thanks to Google you can enable and disable this feature, you can use the following steps to get rid of the Google Meet button from your Gmail app.
Do note that the Google Meet tab in the Gmail app feature is not available for all the users on their Android or iPhones. This feature is only for the users who are using paid G Suite on their smartphones. However, if you’re using Gmail on PC or laptop then you can see the feature right above the Hangouts button.
How to Remove Google Meet tab from Gmail app
- First, you have to open the Gmail app on your iOS or Android smartphone.
- Now you need to tap on the hamburger icon, the three lines which are also known as the app menu. It should be on the top left or right corner of your screen.
- You have to scroll down and find the Meet tab.
- Here uncheck “Show the Meet tab for video calling”.
- Once you’re done, you will not find the annoying Google Meet button on your Gmail app.
You can use the same process to activate the Google Meet button whenever you feel like.
How To Remove Google Meet from Gmail Web Browser
- Here you need to first open your Gmail account on the web browser.
- Head to the setting option by clicking on the cog icon where you have to select See all settings.
- Now you have to click on Chat and Meet.
- Here you need to enable the “Hide the Meet section in the main menu” option.
- Once you are done with this, you can’t find the Google Meet feature on your Gmail account.